It is advisable to review the vehicle thoroughly from time to time to avoid incidents and maintain its service life.
There are two fundamental reasons why reviewing our unit is important:
- Maintenance of the vehicle service life.
What revisions should we carry out?
Periodic tire review by mileage:
After commissioning (between 300 and 500 km), check the tightening torque of all wheel nuts. This must also be verified after each wheel change.
Every 10,000 km check the tire wear visually and see if it is uniform. If it is not, go to the technical service to check the alignment of the axes. In addition, the condensation of water from the pneumatic circuit must be evacuated (if there is a possibility of frost, this operation must be implemented every day).
A visual check of the condition of the tires is recommended every 50,000 km; wear review of brake pads/belts; cleaning of pneumatic pipe filters and lubrication of the unit if applicable.
Advised periodic reviews on schedule:
- Air tank (purge liquids, in case of frost, do it every day).
- Wheels tightening torque, tire pressure and brake pads.
- Visual inspection of the condition of the pilots, cables, reflectors, tires, etc, and replacement of the damaged ones.
- Check that EBS and failure lamp work correctly.
- The state and lubrication of the fifth wheel.
- Adjust the braking system if necessary.
- Air circuits.
- Suspension system.
- Lubrication of connections.
- In general, check the fasteners every 10,000 km or at least once a month.
On a yearly basis, it is necessary to visually check that:
- Polyamide tubes do not show rubbing.
- They do not have areas bent with strangulations or folds.
- The fittings are well connected.
- The polyamide tubes and the electrical installation are firmly clamped to the chassis.